[Marxism] antisemitism workshop audio now online

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Sun Aug 6 16:58:39 MDT 2006

You of course, as a grown-up person (I assume) can decide your own
priorities. But I repeat, to hold a conference, workshop, or whatever
on antisemitism at this moment, that is not contextualized by the
over-riding need to confront Zionism, manifests screwed-up
priorities. That, as I said, is at a minimum. I'd like to give the
workshop organizers the benefit of the doubt and not assume that they
are merely engaging in the usual anti-semitism baiting that
characterizes much of the zionist left, as soon as solidarity with
Palestine or questions about the legitimacy of the Zionist entity are
raised. As for myself, I am Jewish, too. And I'm quite clear about
the distinction between Judaism and Zionism. Let's be concrete,
instead of engaging in ad hominem attacks: where have I conflated
"questions about Jews, and questions about Israel"? I would say that
it was your panel and the tenor of your workshop that may have
expressed that conflation.

--
Michael Friedman
Doctoral Candidate in Ecology, Evolutionary Biology and Behavior

Molecular Systematics Laboratory
Department of Invertebrate Zoology
American Museum of Natural History
79th Street at Central Park West