[Marxism] Turning out like Walesa (was: Solidarity Center

Javier A javierunderground at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 13:04:41 MDT 2006

I had the same debate when I went to el Salvador and I made some comment about the Solidarity Center being reactionary to a Salvadoran trade-unionist, Gilberto Garcia the legal rep for Just Garments, and his arguement was that the Solidarity Center has played a very progressive role in the labor movement in Central America. I told him about Kim Scipes´article and how thorough it seemed in its argument. Months later he sent me a letter his friend sent to Kim Scipes, which is below. Perhaps there has been geographical shifts that has taken place, where exceptional progressive developments has taken place in certain places and campaigns (like Just Garments and perhaps the bus strike in Iran) which is overshadowed and dominated by the structure that Kim Scipes argues for.

  Javier

  Dear Mr. Scipes,