[Marxism] Millionaire mullahs

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 09:25:44 MDT 2006

On 8/12/06, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> >Yes, that's why the Iranian masses rejected Rafsanjani, in favor of
> >Ahmadinejad.
> >
> >--
> >Yoshie
>
> It is also why American voters rejected Bob Dole in favor of Bill Clinton.
> We have to come up with a deeper analysis than this.

I think that Marvin is right that there is a difference between the
Republican and Democratic Parties: the voter and volunteer base of
their respective support.  Those who seek to elect candidates to the
left of Clinton can't neglect the base of the Democratic Party.

That said, the difference between Rafsanjani and Ahmadinejad is
greater in terms of their respective economic platforms than Clinton
and Dole in terms of theirs.  We have to acknowledge that those who
say things like Nader can't easily get on ballots here, and American
voters don't vote for them either when they do.  Iran is very
different from the USA, or rather the USA is very different from much
of the rest of the world.

--
Yoshie
<http://montages.blogspot.com/>