[Marxism] Query

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Sat Aug 12 23:25:55 MDT 2006

I was in Joburg last weekend with my 11 year old son, who has been
watching Israel's massacres with disgust, and wanted me to take him to
the main SA military museum, an opulent set of buildings stashed with
memorabilia going back to the 18th century, for the sake of context.
Based in the centre of Houghton, one of SA's richest suburbs, this
museum is a hilarious blast from the apartheid past, with only a tiny
section on the ANC's military wing (MK). More importantly I searched far
and wide for any reference to Cuito Cuanavale. Not finding any hint
whatsoever in the exhibition halls, I asked the man at the bookshop.
"Yes we had a book about it here once. I don't think we stock it anymore."

Enough said about who won!