[Marxism] Whatever Castro's prognosis, change expected in Cuba

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 06:18:47 MDT 2006

I thought this quote, from a New York Times article headlined "Cuba Stays
Calm," was just precious:

"We were ill-prepared for the eventuality of continuity rather than change.
All our policies have been built on a foundation of wishful thinking. Now we
are confronted with reality, and it’s not what we had hoped it would be."

- Damian Fernandez, director of the Cuban Research Institute at Florida
International University, referring to policy makers in Washington and Miami

URL (my blog):
http://lefti.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_lefti_archive.html#115553032868605352

URL (NYT):
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/14/world/americas/14cuba.html?ei=5094&en=44aa98b4d5eef576&hp=&ex=1155614400&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print