[Marxism] US leftists and outside forces

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Mon Aug 14 15:24:29 MDT 2006

I can only give verbal encouragement through writing, teaching, signing
petitions, sending letters, participating in demonstrations,  and the like
to those fighting for radical change around the world.  I can provide
material aid in some cases if asked (to organizations here and around
abroad).    This may be nothing but these outside forces seem to think
otherwise.  I get letters from people around the world from time to time
thanking me for something I wrote.  Today I got one from a man in India
thanking me for my essay on class in the Monthly Review summer issue
("Class: A Personal Story").  It gave him comfort and it did the same for me
(to know that despite our no doubt profound differences in terms of life
history, we did have important common ground).  Now we are in a way comrades
in struggle.  A baby step sure but on the foundation of millions of such
steps, something good might be built.  On a larger scale, Monthly Review has
a relationship with the Maoists in Nepal.  These comrades appear to value
this relationship very much.  We are not fighting, but we are not nothing.

All such efforts are worthwhile.

Michael Yates