[Marxism] National Latin American Solidarity Conference (SYDNEY)
robertojorquera at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 02:17:06 MDT 2006
The Empire's weakest link:
Venezuela, Cuba and the Rebellion in the Americas
4th Latin America Solidarity Conference- Sydney, September 30 2006
Special Guest : Comandante William Izarra, a key leader of Venezuela's Bolivarian Revolution!
The conference aims to spread awareness and understanding about the exciting developments in Latin America, and to coordinate actions in solidarity with the continent's peoples. The aim is to make the conference as broad and inclusive as possible, bringing together activists from a range of progressive movements, trade unionists, academics, and progressive political & community organisations.
Draft agenda and registration details to be announced shortly,
Visit www.venezuelasolidarity.org for updates. Email sydney at venezuelasolidarity.org
Contacts (Melbourne) 9639 8622 or Roberto 0425 289 394
Contact (Sydney) Marce Cameron 9690 1977 mob 0413 158 480
Vlaudin Vega 0408 208 628 Tamara Pearson 0423 169 687
Latin America Solidarity Conference: The Empires weakest link: Venezuela, Cuba and the Rebellion in the Americas Sep 30 2006 - 8:30am, UTS, SYDNEY
The Empires weakest link: Venezuela, Cuba and the Rebellion in the Americas
4th Latin America Solidarity Conference, Sydney, September 30 2006
Latin American integration versus the US Empire *Venezuela: workers management & control *Experiences of building peoples power *Left governments & popular movements
*The indigenous rebellion *Cuba after Fidel- can the revolution survive?
*Experiences and challenges in building solidarity in Australia
Comandante William Izarra, Venezuela
A retired air force officer and former Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs in the Chavez government, Comandante Izarra has a long history of involvement in the revolutionary movement in Venezuela. He is presently the national coordinator of the grassroots discussions and debates about the ideology of the Venezuelan Revolution. Izarra's participation will make this a very special conference, an event not to be missed
PROVISIONAL CONFERENCE AGENDA
* Workers management and control in Venezuela
* Experiences of building peoples power
* Left governments and popular movements
* The indigenous rebellion
* Latin American integration versus the US Empire
* Latin America's shift to the left
* Understanding Venezuela's Bolivarian Revolution
* The state of Cuba's socialist revolution, its achievements and its role in the world today
* Experiences and challenges in building solidarity in Australia
9.30-9.35am Indigenous welcome
9.35-9.45am Conference welcome
9.45- 11am Plenary: The Empires Weakest Link
11am- 12.30pm Major session plus up to 5 workshops
12.30- 1.30pm Lunch plus up to 5 one-hour workshops
1.30- 3pm Major session plus up to 5 workshops
3- 3.30pm Afternoon tea
3.30-5pm Plenary: Building Awareness & Solidarity
5- 7pm AVSN national consultation
7pm- late social event/fundraiser
The Empires Weakest Link: Venezuela, Cuba and the Rebellion in the Americas
Aim: To give a broad overview of the continental rebellion against neoliberalism in Latin America; the axis of solidarity and socialist renewal leading this rebellion (Cuba and Venezuela); and the importance of the Latin American rebellion in the global struggle against imperialism.
2-3 speakers, 15 mins each followed by 30 mins questions/discussion.
Major session Venezuela: towards socialism in the 21st Century
3 speakers, 10-15 mins each
(1) Latin American integration- another European Union?
(2) Womens struggle for equality in LA
(3) Indigenous rebellion: the Bolivian example
(4) Can Colombias guerilla movements take power?
(5) LAs economic growth: who benefits?
Major session Cuba after Fidel: can the revolution survive?
3 speakers, 10-15 mins each
(1) Cuba and Venezuela: the green revolutions
(2) Venezuelas revolutionary trade union movement
(3) Experiences of popular power in Latin America
(4) The humane revolution: Cubas record of internationalism
(5) Mexico: what happens next?
(6) Central America: prospects for radical change
Plenary: US Hands Off Latin America: Building Awareness & Solidarity
Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
More information about the Marxism