[Marxism] Nasrallah interview faked ?

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 18 08:44:20 MDT 2006

I have no inside information on the Nasrallah interview. I AM a regular
reader of the Angry Arab (As'ad), and I know his style. While he's amusing
and often informative, you definitely have to take his "proclamations" with
a grain of salt. He has absolutely no particular information which would
shed any light on whether the interview is real or not; his "judgment" is
based strictly on what he "thinks" Nasrallah would say. Furthermore, if he
was referencing only the CounterPunch reprint of the review, he may not have
been able to see the article in the context of its actual source
(http://www.emep.org/girisen.htm or
http://www.emep.org/docs/press/nasral.html), since CounterPunch didn't even
link to the original.

I'm not declaring the interview real or fake, although to me, looking at it
in the context of the original source, it appears real. I am declaring that
As'ad's assertions are to be taken with the largest possible grain of salt.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com