[Marxism] Anti-Semitism and the Greek Left (translation from Rizospastis)

Y. K. ykleftis at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 19 06:30:56 MDT 2006

I have been bothered by the implications of this article
(http://info.interactivist.net/article.pl?sid=06/08/07/160241&mode=nested&tid=14
) so I looked at the newspaper when I had the chance:

The only mention that I found of the event in Rizospastis in the 2nd August
paper has no mention of “pigs” or “chains”.

The relevant part:

my translation:
“At the entrance of the [U.S.] consulate, the demonstrators burned the
American flag and subsequently marched toward the Holocaust memorial in
Freedom Square, preparing to protest genocide [committed] against the people
of Palestine and Lebanon and occurring this time by [the acts of] Israel.
Despite the attempts of MAT [riot police] forces to block the demonstrators
from approaching the memorial, they broke the [riot police] cordon and were
able to hang pictures of dead children from Palestine and Lebanon at the
memorial.”

original:
Στην είσοδο
του