[Marxism] Haditha -- same old same old

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Sat Aug 19 09:48:33 MDT 2006

Marine officer in Haditha says he did not consider deaths unusual

The Associated Press
Saturday, August 19, 2006

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Marine officer in charge of troops suspected of
killing 24 Iraqi men, women and children told investigators he did
not initiate an inquiry into the carnage because he did not consider
the deaths unusual, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

In a sworn statement given to military investigators in March, Lt.
Col. Jeffrey R. Chessani said: "I thought it was very sad, very
unfortunate, but at the time, I did not suspect any wrongdoing from
my Marines." Chessani was commander of the 3rd Battalion of the 1st
Marines.

"I did not have any reason to believe that this was anything other
than combat action," he added.
<http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/14301816p-15170142c.html>