[Marxism] "Political Islam" (was: Frei Betto: EncounterswithFidel),

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 20 08:09:12 MDT 2006

Actually, one needs to study both winners and losers to
know what makes one different from the other, why some
win and others lose, and to understand the difference.
While nothing can change the past, we can learn from
it if we pay some attentive attention. That's not
necessary, of course, for those who already have all
of the answers, even to the unasked questions...

Of course, it's not a matter of what "turns you on",
but how you understand historical development and if
one can learn from experience. Of course if you think
Carlos Fonseca and Leon Trotsky were "losers", your
possibility of learning from them isn't much. Both
Trotsky and Carlos Fonseca won some and lost some if
my memory serves me right.

Some people thought that Fidel and Raul were losers
after the Moncada disaster in 1953. That assessment
proved rather short-sighted, in light of subsequent
developments, right?

Walter Lippmann
Havana, Cuba
August 20, 2006

We might as well  study Bill Gates and Warren Buffet
if power and influence is what turns you on. I'd
rather study losers like Leon Trotsky and Carlos Fonseca.