[Marxism] Paulsen's supposedly anti-democratic, anti-labor, Tudehesque line

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Aug 20 14:26:33 MDT 2006

>Today things are different at least in some respects.  The Ahmadinejad
>government represents different forces than the Khatemi government - I won't
>go into how different they are, not without more information and input, and
>not off the cuff, but they aren't identical -  and, of crucial importance,
>the US ruling class is actively building up for a war on Iran.  They were of
>course hostile to Iran then, but they are conducting an active war drive
>now, and this imposes the responsibility of defense on us much more
>directly.  This doesn't mean we lie or "pretty things up", but we have to
>aim the guns properly.
>
>Lou Paulsen

Well, we have different ideas on such matters. There was no imperialist war
drive in history to top the invasion of the USSR by the Nazis. If you were
Trotsky, you obviously would have not written criticisms of Stalin in the
late 1930s based on this logic. You are entitled to your methodology--it is
a free country--but I think it is sadly mistaken.