[Marxism] Paulsen's supposedly anti-democratic, anti-labor, Tudehesque line

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 09:00:28 MDT 2006

On 8/21/06, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> This mailing list is like a preconvention discussion in a Marxist
> organization. You should feel free to say whatever is on your mind. We are
> not about "strategy" here in the sense that Einde is talking about it.

There is an important distinction though. The minutes of a
pre-convention, private discussion are usually not circulated or
posted to the public. All discussion in this list, however, is
available to the public via public archives, and also can be chanced
upon/led to  by people doing a Google search, etc.

Part of the disagreements that are being expressed in this thread
might actually be centered on different notions of what the function
and dissemination of this mailing list are. We discuss here without
the self-awareness that the discussions are public, but everything
written here is actually very, very public.