[Marxism] Paulsen's supposedly anti-democratic, anti-labor, Tudehesque line

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 09:08:48 MDT 2006

Louis Proyect wrote, "I absolutely resent people telling me that
'criticisms', whatever the hell that means, should be muted because
the USA is hostile to some other country. When I feel like writing a Marxist
study of some country, I don't appreciate people telling me to keep quiet."

I agree completely with this.

I also assume that Louis agrees that workers in different industries should
not hesitate to acknowledge the shortcomings of workers' organizations in
other industries.  Or from city to city.  Of that radical men should say
nothing on the course of the women's movement.  Or that "multinational"
radical organizations should exercise forbearance in their criticism of
misleadership among blacks or Hispanics, if defined as being resident
national groupings.

Or do we make exceptions for what we do in the exceptional old U.S. of A.

ML