[Marxism] Iranian Privatization (was: Models

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 19:53:53 MDT 2006

On 8/21/06, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> But we are not interested in studying modes of political control here. As
> Marxism list, we are focused on the mode of production.

Exclusively? How about hegemony? That  does involve modes  of  political
control, does it not?  And hegemony is not a  recent  postmodernist
shibboleth either -- it is a concept that comes straight out of Gramsci.

Or should we cease to consider Gramsci as Marxist? We would have to cease
doing so, I think, if we define Marxism so narrowly  as being only about the
mode of production.