[Marxism] "Before we had a boss. Now we are the bosses" - Venezuelan co-ops expand

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Wed Aug 23 01:11:20 MDT 2006

> Critics are right that this business of subsidizing cooperatives won't
> survive "the first serious drop in oil prices," but till then it will
> serve as capacity-building projects and give workers the sense that
> they own the nation, which will help them when the oil prices go down.

I hope so.

But are thw workers really in control and not a state bureaucracy that decides about the funding?

If those funds will be shrinking one day, will each cooperative be at the others throat in competition for subsidies and putting narrow self-interests over the interests of society as a whole?

Johannes