[Marxism] Is the ruling class getting sick of Bush? And what if they are?

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 23:54:24 MDT 2006

On 8/23/06, Loupaulsen at sbcglobal.net <Loupaulsen at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> What happens if the ruling class really decides that Bush has lost too
> much
> credibility to do the job any more?  But that the job still needs to be
> done?  But that they really can't stand two and a half more years of Bush?
> Hmm?

The ruling class  might remain satisfied with  the Democrats winning back
Congress, thinking that this would suffiicently  check Bush's ability to
govern.

But I think the ruling class is not very worried. They are doing well out of
all this. The "treasure and blood" for the Iraq war is coming at ordinary
citizens' expense, not at theirs, and as for such things as what the outcome
of the war would mean for US hegemony in the future, I think ruling classes
are too short-sighted to think so far ahead. (If they could think ahead,
they would be concerned with global warming, but they aren't).

Ruling classes are not stupid, but their Achilles' heel is that the logic of
short-term profit prevents them from looking far enough ahead.