[Marxism] here it comes, here it comes

Brian Shannon brian_shannon at verizon.net
Fri Aug 25 21:51:52 MDT 2006

August 18, 2006

Still to come: making sure that Lamon'ts statements don't go to far
to the left. I haven't followed it that closely so he may already
have pulled a Barack Obama on the issue. At the end he has to get
cozy with the Clintons and others--one big happy family.

Brian Shannon

======================

On our first trip
I tried so hard to rearrange your mind.
But after while I realized you were disarranging mine.
You better stop, look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes

Associated Press
Aug 25, 2006

NEW YORK - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton hosted Connecticut Senate
candidate Ned Lamont at her Westchester County home Friday morning,
discussing campaign strategy and fundraising in an hourlong meeting
over coffee, Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson said.

"It was a great meeting. Senator Clinton thinks Ned Lamont did a
fabulous job in Connecticut," Wolfson said, referring to Lamont's
stunning upset victory over Sen. Joe Lieberman in the state's
Democratic primary."She'll do whatever works for the campaign," he
added.

Clinton, who has borne considerable criticism from anti-war activists
and bloggers for her refusal to recant her 2002 vote authorizing the
Iraq conflict, moved quickly to endorse Lamont after his primary
victory. Before the primary she offered tepid support to Lieberman, a
friend since their days at Yale Law School, but never campaigned for
him.

Lieberman spokesman Dan Gerstein said he wasn't surprised Clinton was
offering further support to Lamont, but suggested it probably
wouldn't help much.

"If endorsements meant anything, Joe Lieberman would have won the
primary running away," Gerstein said, adding, "Senator Clinton's
position on Iraq is far closer to Joe Lieberman's than it is to Ned
Lamont's."

As if to illustrate the new Clinton-Lamont partnership, Wolfson, who
is one of Clinton's senior political strategists, said Friday he
would join the Lamont campaign as an adviser.

"She wanted me to do it, and I wanted to do it," Wolfson said. "It's
vitally important that we elect a Democrat to that seat."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14516618/