[Marxism] Fascist intellectuals?

Ian Pace ian at ianpace.com
Sat Aug 26 09:26:21 MDT 2006

From: "Mark Lause" <MLause at cinci.rr.com>

>A reality check is sorely needed here.  Fascism always had a racial
> component.  Its hyper-nationalism is inseparable from has aptly been
> called
> the race-ification of national identity, a byproduct of 19th century
> scientific racism.
>
> The Nazis represented a simply rabid version of the same.

Yes, but is that really the most defining aspect of Italian Fascism (not to
mention the dictatorships of Franco and Salazar, though perhaps it is
inappropriate to subsume those within the category of 'fascism')?

I am just wondering about whether the nationalism of other forms of fascism
than that of the Nazis is really so different from that which exists/existed
in other European countries, as suggested by your above comments. And if
not, do you think there is a palpable difference between fascist ideologies
other than that of the Nazis and other forms of Western capitalism (about
which I'm in two minds)?

Solidarity,
Ian