[Marxism] Fascist intellectuals?

Ian Pace ian at ianpace.com
Sat Aug 26 10:11:53 MDT 2006

From: "Louis Proyect" <lnp3 at panix.com>

> Ian Pace wrote:
>>Regarding Louis G's comments on an anti-immigration backlash containing
>>'the seeds of a genuine anti-capitalist upsurge', I think he's right.
>
> You are entitled to your opinion, Ian, but I have the final say on threads
> here. The last time we had a debate over immigration issues, it took the
> shape of 10 people flaming Lou Godena. If people are interested in what he
> had to say, check the archives. We don't need round two.
I would appreciate it if, when you snip my text, you don't take out things
that fundamentally change the meaning. The passage above has a vitally
important sentence that follows it:

'Regarding Louis G's comments on an anti-immigration backlash containing
'the seeds of a genuine anti-capitalist upsurge', I think he's right.
However,
anti-capitalist upsurges are by no means necessarily progressive or positive
things and can indeed be the most reactionary movements of all. '

Otherwise those viewing only your message would get a totally false idea of
my views on the subject.

Ian