[Marxism] Moderator's note

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Mon Aug 28 07:51:55 MDT 2006

We're all here on the moderator's dime, so to speak.  I don't think Louis
wants to be unfair or silence debate, but he grows impatient with repetitive
stuff and goes nowhere.

I'd offer him the suggestion, though, that he table these things for a set
period of time...a month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.

We'd eliminate the tendency to be subsumed into repetitive and recurring
themes if those who are riding these hobby horses be accorded an opportunity
every so often to run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.  Yoshie, for
example, might be less tempted to try to slip these things if she knew she'd
get a chance to inject it.  She'd be encouraged to stick around and focus on
some other things that way.  And, if the list thinks there's something new
and worthwhile in discussing the subject, their reaction at the time the
subject is reintroduced would let us all know.

There's not any real harm, I'd suggest, even in letting a nutball throw out
an idea and see if it sparks an interesting threat...if it doesn't, the
moderator can just say, "nothing new" and put it back on the shelf again.

Just a suggestion.

ML