[Marxism] Re: Cindy Sheehan

Steffie Brooks steffie.brooks at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:52:51 MDT 2006

I think Cindy Sheehan's appreciation of her own role is pretty
accurate regarding the mid-ranks of the US military. She galvanized
the antiwar movement among vets and military families. The military is
now opposed to the war at all levels. This is an important part of the
majority coalition for getting out of Iraq.

I heard Scott Ritter last Sunday with Ray McGovern, Jeff Cohen,
Jonathan Tasini, and Howie Hawkins in NYC. Ritter said (paraphrasing):
can't you get it through your heads? it's not about facts! Iraq never
had weapons of mass destruction and Iran doesn't have near nuclear
capacity. We invaded Iraq, and we're GONNA invade Iran!

Cindy Sheehan shouldn't retire just yet until she's weighed in on Iran.

Steffie

-------
Cindy Sheehan: