[Marxism] Nazis and the big bourgeoisie

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Aug 30 07:23:59 MDT 2006

 I think you're confused about the picture of Hitler. Hitler kept one of
Ford on /his/ desk. Also, I don't know about his printing of the
"Protocols," but more substantially, he wrote (or had ghost written) "The
International Jew," a classic in Jews-run-and-ruin-the-world literature.

-Jeff

^^^^
CB: The below supports what you say.  Some who want to dis the definition of
fascism as the rule of the most reactionary sector of the big bourgeoisie
don't take account of the Ford-Nazi connection fact. Looks like Ford had
more literary influence on Hitler than Nietszche.  Ford was an international
_leader_ of the imperialist class, and led the support of the Nazis, set the
example for other imperialists.

( All that's assuming the New York Times wasn't then a much of a big liar as
it is today)

 "Henry Ford's book, The International Jew, earlier circulated by the Nazis,
was translated by them into a dozen languages, and Hitler utilized sections
of the book verbatim in writing Mein Kampf.7"

Hitlerism was the literary reflection of one reactionary member of the
monopoly capitalist class in particular , Henry Ford !   Ironically ,though
, Ford was helping a foreign enemy of his country, so not nationalist, and
he was a financier, personifying the merger of industrial and finance
capital from Lenin's analysis in _Imperialism_. He fakes being just an
"industrialist"

 Plus, Ford is " The International Christian ".
There were transnational monopolists in that day too.

The article quoted below discusses Ford's view of the international
imperialist ruling class. He is first critical of Morgan and then unites
with Morgan in anti-Semitism . No big surprise, but seems to me a
materialist investigation of German Nazism must consider the hypothesis that
there was a material motive for the anti-Semitism in the sense of one
section of the Big, Big international bourgeoisie violently taking the
capital of another section - Jewish capital - under cover of the Henry
Ford-Hitler Nazi ideology.

Then as far as connections to the big bourgeoisie at a more class-group
level, the below claims on pro-Nazi cartels  and a pro-Nazi interlocking
directorate, i.e.monopoly ,support as follows. But Ford was an international
imperialist class _leader_ :

	"We shall see later that Hitler's backing in the late 20s and early
30s came from the chemical, steel, and electrical industry cartels, rather
than directly from individual industrialists. In 1928 Henry Ford merged his
German assets with those of the I.G. Farben chemical cartel. A substantial
holding, 40 percent of Ford Motor A.G. of Germany, was transferred to I.G.
Farben; Carl Bosch of I.G. Farben became head of Ford A.G. Motor in Germany.
Simultaneously, in the United States Edsel Ford joined the board of American
I.G. Farben. (See Chapter Two.)"

 http://www.reformed-theology.org/html/books/wall_street/chapter_06.htm
________________________________

CHAPTER SIX

Henry Ford and the Nazis

	Henry Ford: Hitler's First Foreign Backer

	On December 20, 1922 the New York Times reported4 that automobile
manufacturer Henry Ford was financing Adolph Hitler's nationalist and
anti-Semitic movements in Munich. Simultaneously, the Berlin newspaper
Berliner Tageblatt appealed to the American Ambassador in Berlin to
investigate and halt Henry Ford's intervention into German domestic affairs.
It was reported that Hitler's foreign backers had furnished a "spacious
headquarters" with a "host of highly paid lieutenants and officials." Henry
Ford's portrait was prominently displayed on the walls of Hitler's personal
office:

		The wall behind his desk in Hitler's private office is
decorated with a large picture of Henry Ford. In the antechamber there is a
large table covered with books, nearly all of which are a translation of a
book written and published by Henry Ford.5

	The same New York Times report commented that the previous Sunday
Hitler had reviewed,

		The so-called Storming Battalion.., 1,000 young men in brand
new uniforms and armed with revolvers and blackjacks, while Hitler and his
henchmen drove around in two powerful brand-new autos.

	The Times made a clear distinction between the German monarchist
parties and Hitler's anti-Semitic fascist party. Henry Ford, it was noted,
ignored the Hohenzollern monarchists and put his money into the Hitlerite
revolutionary movement.

	These Ford funds were used by Hitler to foment the Bavarian
rebellion. The rebellion failed, and Hitler was captured and subsequently
brought to trial. In February 1923 at the trial, vice president Auer of the
Bavarian Diet testified:

		The Bavarian Diet has long had the information that the
Hitler movement was partly financed by an American anti-Semitic chief, who
is Henry Ford. Mr. Ford's interest in the Bavarian anti-Semitic movement
began a year ago when one of Mr. Ford's agents, seeking to sell tractors,
came in contact with Diedrich Eichart, the notorious Pan-German. Shortly
after, Herr Eichart asked Mr. Ford's agent for financial aid. The agent
returned to America and immediately Mr. Ford's money began coming to Munich.

		Herr Hitler openly boasts of Mr. Ford's support and praises
Mr. Ford as a great individualist and a great anti-Semite. A photograph of
Mr. Ford hangs in Herr Hitler's quarters, which is the center of monarchist
movement.6

	Hitler received a mild and comfortable prison sentence for his
Bavarian revolutionary activities. The rest from more active pursuits
enabled him to write Mein Kampf. Henry Ford's book, The International Jew,
earlier circulated by the Nazis, was translated by them into a dozen
languages, and Hitler utilized sections of the book verbatim in writing Mein
Kampf.7

	We shall see later that Hitler's backing in the late 20s and early
30s came from the chemical, steel, and electrical industry cartels, rather
than directly from individual industrialists. In 1928 Henry Ford merged his
German assets with those of the I.G. Farben chemical cartel. A substantial
holding, 40 percent of Ford Motor A.G. of Germany, was transferred to I.G.
Farben; Carl Bosch of I.G. Farben became head of Ford A.G. Motor in Germany.
Simultaneously, in the United States Edsel Ford joined the board of American
I.G. Farben. (See Chapter Two.)

	Henry Ford Receives a Nazi Medal

	A decade later, in August 1938 - after Hitler had achieved power
with the aid of the cartels - Henry Ford received the Grand Cross of the
German Eagle, a Nazi decoration for distinguished foreigners. The New York
Times reported it was the first time the Grand Cross had been awarded in the
United States and was to celebrate Henry Ford's 75th birthday.8

	The decoration raised a storm of criticism within Zionist circles in
the U.S. Ford backed off to the extent of publicly meeting with Rabbi Leo
Franklin of Detroit to express his sympathy for the plight of German Jews:

		My acceptance of a medal from the German people [said Ford]
does not, as some people seem to think, involve any sympathy on my part with
naziism. Those who have known me for many years realize that anything that
breeds hate is repulsive to me.9

	The Nazi medal issue was picked up in a Cleveland speech by
Secretary of Interior Harold Ickes. Ickes criticized both Henry Ford and
Colonel Charles A. Lindbergh for accepting Nazi medals. The curious part of
the Ickes speech, made at a Cleveland Zionist Society banquet, was his
criticism of "wealthy Jews" and their acquisition and use of wealth:

		A mistake made by a non-Jewish millionaire reflects upon him
alone, but a false step made by a Jewish man of wealth reflects upon his
whole race. This is harsh and unjust, but it is a fact that must be faced.10

	Perhaps Ickes was tangentially referring to the roles of the
Warburgs in the I.G. Farben cartel: Warburgs were on the board of I.G.
Farben in the U.S. and Germany. In 1938 the Warburgs were being ejected by
the Nazis from Germany. Other German Jews, such as the Oppenheim bankers,
made their peace with the Nazis and were granted "honorary Aryan status."

	Ford Motor Company Assists the German War Effort