[Marxism] More idiocy from Iran

gregory meyerson gmeyerson at triad.rr.com
Wed Dec 6 06:33:40 MST 2006

Let me ask again what the president of iran has really said about the
judeocide.

and Luko:  was hilberg invited to the conference?  if so, I still don't
see how it's serving his imperialist masters to refuse to sanction a
conference that would function to legitimate "holocaust denial," UNLESS
the conference is NOT functioning this way in part because A's comments
about the judeocide did not in fact constitute denial. so for me, what
A in fact said and thinks now is important.

Raul Hilberg is a defender of Norman Finkelstein.  I'd like more
evidence before agreeing with what would seem on the surface a
hyperbolic charge--"serving imperialist masters."

I thought Ethan Young's comments were pretty instructive on the desire
to debate the judeocide:  "The second explanation is always popular
with nationalists who feel threatened by class consciousness.  Except
Jewish nationalists, of course -- they just turn the formula inside
out: from the Jews vs. everybody to everybody vs. the Jews; or demonize
some other nationality. But the goal is the same."

Finally:  it is not, Walter, informative to call Louis an anti iranian
fanatic, even if it is in response to Louis's own brand of flaming.

believe me:  I love flaming, especially when I'm stressed out--as I am
at the moment.  it would be momentarily satisfying to lash out and name
call.  but I think it encourages people to check out.