[Marxism] blood diamonds

gregory meyerson gmeyerson at triad.rr.com
Sun Dec 10 08:26:06 MST 2006

one more comment:  yes, this was good, sort of.  the interesting
question is to wonder if this scene stays with people, or the "heart of
darkness" scenes or the nice system stabilizing end.

even in this scene, while the comment blames "they," the west, it is
the conscience of that same west that wins out, no? and in this
particular scene, it is the RUF that lays waste to the village, and the
RUF is viewed as pretty autonomous, the main agent of the destruction.
so I guess I didn't think this choral commentary was nearly as powerful
as you did--some synecdochic condemnation of imperialism.  I think you
were engaging in a bit of wish fulfillment.