[Marxism] If the ban on me is over, I will be back now

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Dec 11 08:50:52 MST 2006

Reply to:

> Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 10:24:35 -0500
> From: Mark Lause <MLause at cinci.rr.com>
> Subject: RE: [Marxism] "The American Era Is Now Over"
>

> The empire is going to face an almost (I say "almost") inevitable
> decline relative to the other powers.  There will be a great deal of
> whining nostalgia about it and a lot of blame heaped upon folks like
> us.  However, it raises such hopeful prospects for being able to
> address precisely the sort of social contradictions at home that the
> unquestionable predominance of American imperialism has been able to
> postpone repeatedly.

A lot depends on whether the US can (or cannot) wrestle its way into
Latin America again. In Buenos Aires, for example, there is great
activity from the American Embassy to embolden the right wing and pro-
imperialist sectors _within the Kirchner government_. As it could be
expected, the "ultra-left" opposition plays into the hands of the
Embassy, as they have always done. It remains to be seen what new
heights will they reach (both the Embassy and the ultra-left).

> Tom Paine once wrote that he knew of no system of imperial acquisition
> that actually benefited the people of the acquiring nation.  To the
> contrary, it actually makes the ruling class at home more powerful
> relative to its subjects.  The actual proportion of Americans with
> nothing, living pretty much hand to mouth, is probably the same today
> as it was a century ago.

In 1812, a South American deputy to the revolutionary Cortes at Cádiz
put this truth to the faces of the European Spanish who did not want
to accept full equality between American (and Philipino) deputies and
Peninsular ones. "A people that oppresses another people cannot be
free", said this South American envoy, Inca Yupanqui by name (yes, an
Indian name because he was a Mestizo of high Inca origin).

> We may be on the verge of a real awakening in the U.S. when this thing
> is over.

Again: a lot depends on what will happen South of the Río Bravo (and,
maybe, at the Latino neighborhoods in US great cities?)

Well, this is all I had to say on the issue; now I will recede back
to my savage pro-bourgeois, semi-Fascist, nationalist cavern so that
true Marxist revolutionaries can go on trying to dupe people abroad
with their fairyland tales on "the Left" in Argentina and misinform
them without fear of anybody showing their emptiness and
reactionarism.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar