[Marxism] Protesters condemn Holocaust conference

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Tue Dec 12 07:53:30 MST 2006

Ethan Young schrieb:
> Protesters condemn Holocaust conference
> MICHAEL THEODOULOU
> Scotsman.com
>
> http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=1841632006
>
> A CONFERENCE of the world's most prominent Holocaust deniers opened in Iran yesterday amid international condemnation and protests by dozens of Iranian students, who burned pictures of president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and chanted "death to the dictator".

Here in Germany the Teheran conference has received widespread coverage.
This morning on the radio (MDR - the public service radio network in
Saxony, Thuringia and Saxony Anhalt) I heard a reasoned discussion with
an expert whose name I didn't catch. Some of the things he said bring
the background to the conference into clearer focus.

One of teh more shocking things that he said is that most of teh
scientific literature on the Holocaust isn't available in Arabic or
Farsi, whereas the Holocaust deniers and the Holocaust revisionists have
made great efforts to make their version of events available in these
languages. Apparently, even at the Yad Vashem centre the materials are
available in English and Hebrew, but not in Arabic even though a
significant proportion of the inhabitants of Israel are Arabic speakers.

If this is indeed the case, it would appear that the Zionists and their
co-thinkers have little interest in countering the propaganda of the
Holocaust deniers and the Holocaust revisionists in their own back yard.
  From a purely technical perspective this seems absurd. But then, on
the other hand, the fact that Israelis feel under constant threat from
their Arab neighbours is probably quite welcome for Zionist politicians
who might otherwise be called to book for their other policies.

I would be grateful if other contributors could confirm or refute the
statements I heard this morning.

Einde O'Callaghan