[Marxism] A devolution of friendly nominations

dwalters at marxists.org dwalters at marxists.org
Tue Dec 12 16:38:24 MST 2006

Since Nestor brought up both the issue of anti-Semitism, neo-Cons and the Saudi
Royal family, it reminds me of the some-what urban legend about Harry Truman
and the Saudi King. Apparently they were both at some post-War conference on
dividing up the world when the subject of the soon-to-be Israeli state was in
formation right before the so-called Israeli War for Independence (The
Catastrophe). Truman was plugging away in support of the Zionist dream on the
basis of the near-destruction of European Jewry when King Faisal turned to the
President and said "If you are so concerned about the *European* Jews, why
don't you give them Bavaria". I always give Faisal one eye-brow raised on that
one...

David