[Marxism] re: Ireland and Marxmail

Jscotlive at aol.com Jscotlive at aol.com
Wed Dec 13 01:29:53 MST 2006

philip.ferguson at canterbury.ac.nz writes:

Actually  someone has already written a book on how they managed to pull
it off - Ed  Moloney's "A Secret History of the IRA" (which I'm reading
at present) goes  meticulously through the actual mechanics of how it was
done.

Really  Adams should have been a bishop or a prince in medieval Italy.
What an  operator.

Reply:

I have the Moloney book on my shelf and, you're right, it does cover the
mechanics in great detail, esp the history of the Libyan contact and the
interception of arms shipments from there in the mid eighties. It might just be  me,
but reading between the lines of Moloney's text when he talks  about an
informer within the leadership of the Provos, I kept seeing the  image of a man with
a beard.

Jesus perhaps?

JD