[Marxism] Lula: "Too old to be a leftist"

Carlos Petroni cepetroni at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 13:05:11 MST 2006

It is interesting to note that in the same presentation, in front of bosses and
functionaries he also congratulated previous military governments for their
work on industrialization and he defended his policies of cutting social
benefits for workers he called "privileged."

On a lesser point:

Nestor, Nestor... you really need to know your stuff... Lula is the one loved by the embassies in South America. And the financial centers in NY, Washington
Paris and Berlin. They dont care about "ultraleftists" like me.

Besides, the reference to "metal worker" was an answer he gave thirty years
ago.  It made into the article as a reference of past answers by the guy.

Here is the paragraph:

"Sus biógrafos recuerdan que el rechazo a las etiquetas ideológicas se originó cuando muchos lo consideraban comunista al comienzo de su actividad sindical. Al ser preguntado por un periodista si era marxista, respondió: "No, soy tornero mecánico"."

Translation: his biographers remember... at the beginning of his union career...
when asked if he was a Marxist... he answered... "No, I'm a metal worker."

He now said he is a centrist, friend of right wingers, not a leftist, and a social
democrat (a right wing one, I must add).

As a member of a party which supported and participated in the neoliberal
Menem government you should know about collaboration with the Empire,
certainly more than an ultraleftist like me. They usually kill ultraleftists around
here from time to time, under orders by those embassies and with the support
of people like Lula and his new industrialists friends.

Lea todos los días análisis y articulos de izquierda y un servicio de noticias que se actualiza cada hora. Lea Izquierda Punto Info