[Marxism] Roediger & Zweig: exchange on race & class: Latinas/os, why some "self-identify" as white?

Carl Webb carlwebb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:26:34 MST 2006

As an Afro-Latino I'd guess some Latinas/os identify as white because
they are mostly of European heritage.  Likewise those Latinas/os of
Asian or Middle Eastern heritage would identify as such also.  Is it
possible to acknowledged that patterns of oppression faced by
Latinas/os could vary greatly depending on race and class?

Carl