[Marxism] Re: Lula: "Too old to be a leftist"

Marla Vijaya kumar marlavk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 08:25:50 MST 2006

Jesse: “As he's grown older he has built a career where he feels he could do more for the cause by keeping his Party affilliation quiet

and influencing progressive people and organizations toward a leftist

viewpoint. It's fairly obvious that he's red, but if he were to come

out and say it in public he could be easily discredited and would lose

influence”.

It is upto that comrade in the CP to decide how he should commit himself to the cause, but I felt strongly and put into practice all my life that a true Marxist-Leninist has to be always prepared to forego whatever he possesses and never shirk away from conducting himself as a revolutionary. There can be no bargain or second thoughts on this.

Vijaya Kumar Marla