[Marxism] Roediger and Zweig: an exchange on race and class

gregory meyerson gmeyerson at triad.rr.com
Thu Dec 14 10:31:06 MST 2006

thanks for all this joaquin.

this is not surprising at all.  shouldn't be surprising for a second to
a marxist.  sections of the working class can be won to fascism
(passive or active).  on average, more euroamerican workers will be won
to this (especially southern euroamerican workers).  but they'd be far
from alone.

I don't see how capitalism can solve the labor mobility problem,
especially in the event of spreading crises.  immigrants of color will
be an obvious target for those detention camps we keep hearing about.
On other hand, the justification for this treatment of immigrants will
have to come from lots of "moderates" and "liberals," people like obama
maybe.

I've heard here and there news about the rollback of the posse
comitatus act:  is this just about the issue of deploying armed forces
(not including the guard) for domestic repressive purposes?  how does
homeland security fit into this legislation?