[Marxism] Lula: "Too old to be a leftist"

Carlos Petroni cepetroni at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 04:23:42 MST 2006

Folrmatted version:Joaquin Bustelo:  Strange that you raise the question of slander when
you're among fe in this list to shoot from the hip and characterize
people with categories.  People you know nothing about and who has,
by far, much more to do with clas struggle and working class hisitory
than you would ever dream with.

What I wrote about Nestor's party supporting and participating of
neoliberal Menem's government is a known fact.

The so called "Izquierda Nacional", under the leadership of Abelardo
Ramos (a very talented historian and my first political teacher, I must
add) led his party to support, call of a vote for and participated in
Menem's vote.  Members of his party obtained from judgeships to
political positions in the high echelon of the bureaucracy under Menem.

After a while, and as Menem lost the initial support, some people in the
party began to question these policies and finally the organization
exploded with different segments of  it remaining loyal to Menem, others
shifting their support to other Peronist currents, etc

Lea todos los días análisis y articulos de izquierda y un servicio de
noticias que se actualiza cada hora. Lea Izquierda Punto Info