[Marxism] Lula: "Too old to be a leftist"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 15 07:17:25 MST 2006

Carlos wrote:
>The so called "Izquierda Nacional", under the leadership of Abelardo
>Ramos (a very talented historian and my first political teacher, I must
>add) led his party to support, call of a vote for and participated in
>Menem's vote.

Carlos, when you were asked for proof that Nestor's party supported Menem,
you answer that Nestor's party supported Menem. In trying to throw mud, it
only ended up in your own face.

I have known Nestor for over 10 years on the Internet. I have agreed with
him on some questions and disagreed with him on others. I just checked the
archives to make sure that I am not in error, but I could not find a single
positive reference to Menem or could remember one for that matter.

I have no idea whether you are trying to launch a new Trotskyist party or
not, but you might want to aspire to Trotsky's scruples when it comes to
questions such as these rather than Stalin's.

--

www.marxmail.org