[Marxism] Lula: "Too old to be a leftist",

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 15 11:59:47 MST 2006

>No need, Louis. I wrote originally that N's party
>supported neoliberal Menem and I provided two links
>of the main founde's support for Menem.  This is clear,
>so clear indeed, that even an intellectual like you
>would understand.

No, you gave the impression that they supported Menem's government in
power. Menem held office from 1989 to 1999. I have already forwarded
Nestor's blistering assessment of Menem in power. You gave the impression
that Nestor's comrades had the same relationship to Menem's government that
Pablo had to the FLN in Algeria or something like that.

>I used to know this priest that always said:
>
>"We need to protect the sinners of today, for
>those are who remind us of our own sins from the past."

Well, I can't say I am surprised that you think of politics in terms of
sinners and the pure. I myself would rather be Lucifer than a Trotskyist
purist nowadays. Come to think of it, I rather enjoy the idea of shocking a
high priest of Trotskyism like you. How big is your congregation nowadays
anyhow?

--

www.marxmail.org