[Marxism] Monthly Review needs money!

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Fri Dec 15 21:46:12 MST 2006

Monthly Review has been in continuous publication, eleven issues a year,
since May 1949.  It is certainly one of the most important publications on
the left worldwide.  Monthly Review Press has, since the early 1950s,
published a very large number of radical classics.  In July 2005, we began a
webzine, mrzine, and it has steadily gained readership and a diverse group
of authors.

Monthly Review has always been generous in terms of sharing resources and
articles.  All MR articles are made available on the web the month they are
published.  We always give comrades in poor countries free permission to
publish our books and our articles.

All of this is done on a shoestring budget and with an overworked staff.  To
make ends meet, we have to rely on our readers and friends.  Hence this
appeal.  We need relief now!  So if you can find it in your heart to make a
donation to Monthly Review, please do so and do it today.  You can
contribute by calling 1-800-670-9499.  Or go to either the MR website
(www.monthlyreview.org) or the mrzine site (www.mrzine.org) and click on the
PayPal logo. Finally, you can mail a check to Monthly Review, 146 W. 29th
Street, Suite #6W, New York NY 10001.

Michael Yates, Associate Editor