[Marxism] Monthly Review needs money!

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Dec 16 19:06:38 MST 2006

>Yeah, Lou, sure, you can unsubscribe me. Your privilege... That's
>all the little
>power you have. Enjoy it as it lasts.
>
>Enough!
>
>Gilles d'Aymery
>Swans.com

What an idiot. I have been writing for swans.com for 4 years or so
and just the other day Gilles posts a comment on my blog
characterizing my reply to Stan Goff as "intellectual masturbation".
The entire leftwing of the Internet is involved in a serious
discussion of the issues Stan raises and I am denigrated for putting
in my two cents. Considering the fact that he didn't even bother to
raise these questions with me privately, I had no recourse except to
sever my relationship to swans.com. I am not the first one, btw, who
has gotten on Gilles's wrong side. There is a long line of people
that he has pissed off. Oh well, capitalism has a way of distorting
human relationships and I am no angel myself. But by the same token I
have the good sense enough not to start an online publication that
requires a certain amount of mutual respect between editor and
writer. I understand that I am too much of a prick. I guess other
people have a more elevated view of themselves.