[Marxism] Re: Chavez wins "Person of the Year" poll ... Time magazine ignores result

Marla Vijaya kumar marlavk at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 09:01:45 MST 2006

Dbachmozart at aol.com  - "Maybe because they did not want the winner to be a  popular President

of a country where "power to the people" is not just an  empty phrase but is being

implemented in practice in the real world, and  who has been

democratically elected time and time again?"
What is the point. I was continuously monitoring the progress of Chavez and wondering how TIME and especially, the US Capitalist class would like the idea of having Chavez on the cover page as the "Person of the Year". Obviously it is too much for them to handle and the the very idea creates shudders in their spines.
We see this kind of cheating everyday in our news papers and TV channels. Bougeoisie parties buy space on the daily press and TV channels. Whatever shit they speak makes it to the front page, but a demonstration of hundereds of thousands of landless, organised by the left makes it the 5th 0r 7th page, limited to a two inch column.
I am not surprised!
Vijaya Kumar Marla