[Marxism] Homeland Security Gestapo separating workers by race

robert montgomery ilyenkova at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 13:30:09 MST 2006

In Utah, DHS Raids Raise Concerns
By Justin Rood - December 13, 2006, 1:16 PM

A troubling report from the DHS immigration raids yesterday, from the
Salt Lake (Utah) Tribune. In this case, DHS agents allegedly separated
workers by their skin color -- light-skinned were considered citizens,
dark-skinned got scrutiny. Predicatably, they swept up at least one
dark-skinned U.S. citizen up with immigrant workers:

If only for a few minutes, Maria felt like an ''illegal alien'' in her
homeland - the United States of America.  She thought she was going on
break from her job at the Swift & Co. meat processing plant here [in
Hyrem, Utah] on Tuesday, but instead she and others were forced to
stand in a line by U.S. immigration agents. Non-Latinos and people
with lighter skin were plucked out of line and given blue bracelets.

The rest, mostly Latinos with brown skin, waited until they were
''cleared'' or arrested by ''la migra,'' the popular name in Spanish
for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), employees said.

''I was in the line because of the color of my skin,'' she said, her
voice shaking. ''They're discriminating against me. I'm from the
United States, and I didn't even get a blue bracelet.'' . . .

Women were crying as they were handcuffed with plastic ties and put on
the buses. Some weren't allowed to get their belongings from their
lockers. Maria, who declined to use her last name, argued with an
agent because she was getting the coat for her 34-year-old niece,
Blanca, who was arrested.

''She [the agent] told me, 'Do you think it's going to be cold in
Mexico?' '' Maria said, holding back tears.

The paper confirms that the federal agents took an undisclosed number
of people away in buses away to an undisclosed location
(http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002144.php)