[Marxism] Marc Becker on Mariategui

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 12:13:15 MST 2006

I have a hard copy of the Science and Society issue (current one) in which it appears. I'm only half way through it, and I don't know the personnel well enough to know how valid his claims are, but I can definitely recommend it as a fascinating account of two overlapping issues: the place of indigenous struggles within the broader anti-imperialist struggle, and the role of local and foreign communists in discussing and deciding the former. The parallels with a similar overlap on the Black national question in the US and South Africa are intriguing.

I could pdf it but don't think the S&S editors would approve. Anyone out there who can grant special dispensation?