[Marxism] The disappearing Peronist legacy

Carlos Petroni cepetroni at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 14:52:59 MST 2006

Cipriano Reyes 2001 obituary in Clarin:

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2001/08/02/p-02401.htm

They reproduced some of his statements that delivered him to the torture
chamber and jail.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, he was a congressman at the time of his arrest.

Now, the accusations came after Peron ordered the armed assault of his union and after hundred sof his followers were harrased,  jailed, detained and so on.

When nothing seemed to work, then they framed him with a murder charge.

I interviewed him when I was young and he categorically denied being part
of any plot to assassinate Peron.  He called the accusation ridiculous.

What he did say is that he was contacted for what he believed were
Peronist military leaders preoccupied with the attacks by Peron of
his union and others.

They offered him to mediate in the case, what Reyes said he refused.
Only later he found out that those who organized the sting operation were
"witnesses" to the alleged plot.

Lea todos los días análisis y articulos de izquierda y un servicio de noticias que se actualiza cada hora. Lea Izquierda Punto Info