[Marxism] Fidel Castro and juan Peron

Sayan Bhattacharyya ok.president+marxmail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 22:05:26 MST 2006

On 12/26/06, dwalters at marxists.org <dwalters at marxists.org> wrote:

> There was no general
> international campaign TO isolate Franco's regime in 1959 (or later for that
> matter) so they left things as they were, hopefully with some trade to follow
> (which it did). Anomalies such as this exist, I don't think they are earth
> shattering.

Yes, I'm aware that there wasn't any campaign to isolate Franco's
regime. But my surprise was not at why Cuba hadn't cut relations with
Spain (which is quite understandable -- Cuba was struggling to avoid
isolation), but rather why Franco's SPAIN did not cut relations with
Cuba (i.e. the other-way-around question). It seems strange, given
that most of the right-wing governments in the Spanish-speaking world
had cut relations with Cuba.

Thanks,

-Sayan.