[Marxism] What's up with Norman Finkelstein?

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 28 16:45:01 MST 2006

Norman Finkelstein is a valuable resource. For example, today's CounterPunch
(http://www.counterpunch.org/finkelstein12282006.html) features an article
by him defending the use of "Apartheid" in the title of Jimmy Carter's new
book, based on a wide variety of ISRAELI sources.

But, although I've heard him on the radio and read his articles, I had never
visited his website (http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/). What's the deal?
The website features articles with titles like "Hitlerjugend wishes everyone
a Merry Hitler Holiday" and "	Archbishop of Canterbury denies Holocaust,"
just to cite two. Does he just have a seriously warped sense of "humor," or
is there something wrong with him (or both)? Or am I just missing the joke?

I treat this seriously because, as I said at the beginning, he is a valuable
resource with lots of valuable information. But citing or quoting someone
who has a website that looks like his, well, let's just say it isn't
guaranteed to inspire credibility.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com