[Marxism] Argentina, my only comment on the subject this year

Anthony Boynton northbogota at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 18:39:08 MST 2006

Like David Walters, I hope Carlos Petroni comes back
to this list.

While I am not in Argentina, nor do I consider myself
in anyway an expert on Argentina, I think it is pretty
obvious that the military in Argentina has done
nothing progressive in the last 40 years. It is a
hotbed of imperialist and fascist intrigue, not of
nationalist revolutioanary fervor. The Argentine
military, like the Chilean military, cut off their own
nationalist wings during the dictatorships. Allende's
generals were killed and tortured.

Unfortunately, the only opposition to the ostrich head
in the sand nationalism of nestor on this list came
from Carlos. Whatever his defects may be, he provided
insight on issues that Nestor would not touch with a
stick if Carlos had not brought them up.

All the best, Anthony