[Marxism] AGITPROP NEWS: Greetings 2007

Mike Alewitz alewitzm at mail.ccsu.edu
Sat Dec 30 11:14:15 MST 2006

Please Post and Distribute:

LaBOR aRT & MuRAL PRoJECT
AGITPROP NEWS: 12.30.6

In this issue:

Greetings 2007

_______________________________

Dear Friends,

The bloody corpse of capitalism staggers into 2007 ­ bringing death and
misery to millions. The ruling class will celebrate the holiday with the
grotesque execution of one of it¹s own children, Saddam Hussein, and by
sending the 3000th US soldier to their death.

Despite all the employers money and power, with all the lies of a servile
media and the theater of fake elections - despite all that, the American
working class has remained steadfast and even deepened its opposition to the
bloodbath in Iraq.

For us, 2006 will be remembered as the year when millions of immigrant
workers took to the streets to fearlessly proclaim: ³We are not criminals,
we are workers!²  The employers learned a lesson about class solidarity -
Mayday was the greatest display of class-conscious militancy in this country
for over fifty years.

By pretending to be against the war, the Democrats have raised expectations
that the quagmire will end and resources redirected to an increasingly
impoverished working class.  If Washington proceeds to escalate the war, as
they are threatening, 2007 will be the year they receive another harsh
lesson - about the anti-war convictions and combative spirit of working
people.

Peace, Solidarity and Creativity in 2007,

LaBoR aRT & MuRaL PRoJeCT

(your card is attached)

>> MIKE ALEWITZ
>> Artistic Director, Labor Art & Mural Project
>>
>> Art Department/ Central CT State University
>> 1615 Stanley Street/ New Britain, CT  06050
>>
>> Office: 860.832.2359/ Mobile: 860.518.4046

---
You are currently subscribed to agitprop as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''