[Marxism] Argentina, my only comment on the subject this year

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sat Dec 30 14:02:42 MST 2006

I would like Anthony to quote a single line by yours truly indicating
pro-military opportunism in my positions. I am afraid that what he
terms "politics of ostrich head nationalism" is a mental construction
where "nationalism" is automatically equated with "military
nationalism".

I am sorry that Anthony has so much misunderstood me. I understand
his impatience with my positions, but I beg him of all people not to
fall into a deformation of what I say.

The single important point I can do as regards the Arg military is
that there is an oligarchic-imperialist plot to blame them for all
that happened after 1976, and that this plot has its most ardent
followers among the "Left". The final result of all this being that
the really basic issues of Arg, and the real winners after 1976, are
left untouched.

As to what have the military done or not done in Argentina _for_ the
country, I would only begin by asking "what has any other fraction of
the political and social spectrum done?". But this is an entirely
different story.

Best to all.

Respuesta a:"(None)"
Enviado por:Unknown
Con fecha:, a las

> Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:39:08 -0800 (PST)
> From: Anthony Boynton <northbogota at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Marxism] Argentina, my only comment on the subject this year
> To: Marxismlist <marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu> Reply-to: Activists and
> scholars in Marxist tradition
>  <marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
>
> Like David Walters, I hope Carlos Petroni comes back
> to this list.
>
> While I am not in Argentina, nor do I consider myself
> in anyway an expert on Argentina, I think it is pretty
> obvious that the military in Argentina has done
> nothing progressive in the last 40 years. It is a
> hotbed of imperialist and fascist intrigue, not of
> nationalist revolutioanary fervor. The Argentine
> military, like the Chilean military, cut off their own
> nationalist wings during the dictatorships. Allende's
> generals were killed and tortured.
>
> Unfortunately, the only opposition to the ostrich head
> in the sand nationalism of nestor on this list came
> from Carlos. Whatever his defects may be, he provided
> insight on issues that Nestor would not touch with a
> stick if Carlos had not brought them up.
>
> All the best, Anthony

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky