[Marxism] Morales' cabinet

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 16:53:40 MST 2006

I don't know how Fred can draw the conclusion below.
Petras makes some extremely damaging allegations. I've
made a few posts to this list since Morales'
inauguration saying that some measures he'd announced
might indicate he was going to take more real action
against imperialism and the local bourgeoisie than
most of us would have expected. And I think Petras'
assessment of Morales' plan for hydrocarbons doesn't
jibe with Morales' own claims (i.e. that the
hydrocarbons themselves will be owned by the nation
even if the technical apparatus isn't).
BUT -- if Petras' facts on the individuals appointed
are accurate, then Morales has a lot of explaining to
do to the Bolivian masses. Each cabinet member named
is a counterrevolutionary dog (except for the
ex-FEJUVE leader who seems just incompetent and a
collaborator with the bourgeoisie).
Fred wrote:
Whatever may happen to Morales, I think Petras is
headed out of any real
allegiance to the revolutionary process in Latin
America.  Personally,
I have respected his work for a long time, and I do
not consider this a
factionally motivate assessment.