[Marxism] Re: The Granma Editorial and Bolivia

Brian Shannon brian_shannon at verizon.net
Sun Feb 12 17:29:49 MST 2006

On Feb 12, 2006, at 7:03 PM, Joaquín Bustelo wrote:

> And just on what basis do you state this, Brian? That I did not
> address
> subjects that I have addressed here in the past, and with a great deal
> more rigor than the adherents of the imperialist economist trend?

I like the rest of what I wrote, but on this point I agree with you
and should have immediately corrected it.

I started to answer Andrew on your side and then looked again at what
you said and tried to Procrustean bed it. The size and strengths of
capitalist countries in relation to each other is certainly important.

As for "imperialist economist trend," I hope that is not your own
Procrustean Bed for those who argue that the Theory of Permanent
Revolution, which is based above all on national struggles, has
relevance for the underdeveloped world.

Brian