[Marxism] French Trotskyism: LO

Einde O'Callaghan einde at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 01:32:21 MST 2006

Lüko Willms wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:37:17 -0500, Louis Proyect wrote:
>

>>The last is Lutte Ouvrière (LO), a group that has never made any
>>attempts to project itself as part of a genuine Fourth International
>>internationally
>

>   LO sports nevertheless an international current with groups in 8
> countries, including the USA ("The Spark").
>
>   See http://www.union-communiste.org
>
>   BTW, I am astonished that the article does not mention Arlette
> Laguiller, the permanent LO candidate for the presidential elections.

The article by Ian Birchall that Louis was reviewing does actually
mention Arlette L. On behalf of the Encyclopaedia of Trotskyism On-Line
(ETOL) <http://www.marxists.org/history/etol/> I've asked both Ian
Birchall, the author, and Sebastien Budgen, editor of "Historical
Materialism" (the journal in which it appears), for permission to put it
on-line in ETOL. Ian has agreed, but Sebastien has asked us to wait for
about 12 months, the expected sales life of the print version of the
journal.

Einde O'Callaghan